Thursday, December 15, 2011

The HairMax Laser Comb - Why Hair Loss Skeptics Should Read the Fine Print

!9#: The HairMax Laser Comb - Why Hair Loss Skeptics Should Read the Fine Print

I want to re-grow my hair naturally. I am not totally bald. I have noticeably thin hair around my hair line and top of my head in that awful pattern. I think it is fair to expect measurable results from natural hair treatments and devices. That being my perspective, and natural treatments being so desirable, a product like the HairMax Laser Comb was particularly interesting. In my first search, the HairMax appeared as a winner among other laser devices available. However, in hindsight, that may be a result of their enormous marketing engine. If you believe there is going to be a happy conclusion and this is yet one more promotional statement in favor of the HairMax, think again.

The Laser Comb first drew my attention while searching for alternative hair loss treatment. I encountered other laser devices: The Erchonia THL-1, Nutreve 1700, Spencer Forrest X5, Sunetics Laser Brush, Hair Rejuvenator Laser Comb 7, etc. but none of them asserted the bold claims that they had been FDA approved to treat baldness. When I read 'FDA Approved,' it made me believe the HairMax showed, with compelling evidence, that it may effectively re-grow in men suffering from hair loss. As a result of the strength of the so-called data driven promise to treat thinning hair, coupled with my hope for a product to work, I coughed up about 0 to purchase the HairMax Laser Comb. I know, that's a significant investment; however, if the Laser Comb was able to stimulate hair growth and reduce hair loss, as it advertises, I would pay 0 each year without question.

I bought the Hairmax and used it as directed: three uses per week for 20 minutes per time. I reviewed my hair growth changes with photos. My expectation was that my growth would be similar to the growth HairMax posts on their website presenting a man's scalp at point A then 12 weeks later the same scalp with thicker hair. I wanted to witness noticeable gains, so I kept my hair cut short. At the two-month mark, I noticed no new hair growth. Curious, I started searching for legitimate feedback about the HairMax. The reviews were tough to substantiate. A few people claimed they had improvement, while others derided the HairMax as a in effective piece of trash. During my search, I found something else - the report from the FDA about LLLT, sent to HairMax.

If you are considering the HairMax, don't rely on my word, you need to read the FDA report yourself. It is my belief that, the HairMax is using deceptive messaging tactics to persuade consumers, who just want to re-grow hair, that the product has the backing of the FDA to prevent hair loss. The reality is that the HairMax is approved to be advertised as a product purposed to grow hair. However, the FDA gave this approval because the HairMax is just like a product sold in the 1970's with a similar goal. As such, the HairMax has not produced any research that a government agency, like the FDA reviewed and passed as a result of the legitimacy of the results. Rather, the HairMax is sanctioned as a product that may be marketed to treat thinning hair but other devices on the internet could apply for the same 'authorization' and the FDA would undoubtedly offer the same rights.

Having said all this, I believe Low Level Laser Therapy has the ability to stimulate hair growth. My investigation leads me to trust that there is an optimum amount of energy needed for follicle regeneration. According to laser advocates the needed amount is three to six J per/ square centimeter. This amount of energy can't be provided during a 20 min. use of using the HairMax. This amount of laser energy could only be realized with current technology with lasers focused on a particular area for 20 min. As such, a product that offered more coverage for a sustained period would have the ability to stimulate hair growth. The HairMax Laser Comb doesn't have the capacity to do that, meaning its capacity to stimulate hair growth is limited.


The HairMax Laser Comb - Why Hair Loss Skeptics Should Read the Fine Print

Cheap Compound Mitre Saw Stand

0 comments:

Post a Comment




Sponsor Links